[Typo3] trouble with multi language site

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Tue Mar 22 03:26:23 CET 2005

Hi,

> Also, if this is the way it's supposed to work, It basically requires me
> to provide translations of every page, which defeats the feature of
> defaulting to the main language if a translation is not present.  Does
> anyone have a multilingual site where some of the pages are not

I can see your problem in some way. But it is not very logic to think that a
multilanguage site, would have some menuitems being in one language supposed
to be read by all languages. That said, a configuration for
config.keepLanguageAnytime could be useful. I suggest you take it to the
typo3.dev list.

A solution is to simply translate the pagecontent and have, in your case 3,
renundant texts, this would make you menu stay. Or best practise, translate
all the pages or finally use the "Hide page if no translation for current
language exists" checkbox if you do not have the content in the other
languages.

Regards,

Lars Houmark

news:mailman.464.1111439027.22129.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...