[Typo3] Locking an Intranet

Tim Boesenkool tim at boesenkool.com
Tue Mar 22 00:47:47 CET 2005

Hey List

I have a multi site setup in Typo3. One client would like an Intranet
subsite. Rather than have login by password, they want it to be available to
anyone inside their internal network, excluding anyone outside.

Is there anything from with in typo3 that will do this? I understand ldap
may work, however they would like to have the intranet available to a lot of
visitors that don't have a profile on their network.

The network admin has set up http://intranet.example.com
<http://intranet.example.com/>  however you can circumvent the path by going
to http://www.example.com/index.php?id=553.

Should the intranet be built as a completely separate site or can it exist
with in the main site? Anyone have ideas how this can be locked down behind
the network?

All replies appreciated

Regards

Tim Boesenkool