[Typo3] trouble with multi language site

Wes Rood wes9999 at myfastmail.com
Mon Mar 21 22:05:39 CET 2005

media.res | alex widschwendter wrote:

> hi wes,
>
>> Well, at least my problem is confirmed!   I'm evaluating whether we
>> can use typo3 for a multilingual site, and I'm frustrated trying to
>> figure out if this is a bug, or whether I just did something wrong
>> during the tutorial.  I'm sure it's not a bug, considering the many
>> multilingual typo3 sites I see out there...
>

> i think it is supposed to work this way. if you use 3.7 you can try to
> select [All] at the language selector box for the contentelments.
> maybe this helps!?
>
> alex

I'm sorry for being so new to this, but I don't see [All].. I only have
the 2 additional languages set up, so when I edit content, I edit it
first in the default english language, then add 2 additional
translations for Portugese and Spanish.  Could you explain what you mean
by selecting "All" at the language selector box?

Also, if this is the way it's supposed to work, It basically requires me
to provide translations of every page, which defeats the feature of
defaulting to the main language if a translation is not present.  Does
anyone have a multilingual site where some of the pages are not
translated and default to the main language?

Thanks!