[Typo3] why the name "TYPO3"?

Jens Doka nano404 at gmx.net
Sun Mar 20 16:03:33 CET 2005

Hi Ines,
> I was just wondering where the name "TYPO3" comes from.
When Kasper was at Stuttgart last winter I asked him about the logo and his
answer was, that the designer wanted to express something about the 3 layer
architecture (database, Logic, Presentation) of this software. So I guess
this applies for the name too. Typo3 = 3 layers of script = CMS. But maybe
I'm wrong and "3" is just Kaspers lucky number. Or Trinity?

> But hints from anybody else are certainly welcome,too.
Ok, Jens