[Typo3] "CODE" problem

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Sat Mar 19 23:35:32 CET 2005

I'm using Typo3 version 3.7.0 and tt_news version 2.1.1 and having the
same problem. But, I'm not sure that the CODE issues is the root cause.

I did not add any debug code, but, noticed in the Web->Page view of my
news page that the content element says
	Plugin: News
	CODE:

Even though under "What to display" in the News plugin's "General
Settings" I have LIST selected.

I have another site running Typo3 version 3.7.0 with tt_news version
1.7.1 and do not have any problems.

I tried downgrading tt_news to 1.7.3 and even though "CODE: " is still
blank news DID show up on my web site. After that success I tried
upgrading to version 2.0.6 and then reloaded my web page and the news
disappeared. I tried downgrading to 2.0.4 and still no news. Then I
downgraded again to 1.7.3 and the news came back.

Now I'm new to Typo3 so maybe there was some steps I missed when
switching between versions of an extension, but, it seems  like there
is a problem in the 2.x.x versions. It seems like the problem must be
something simple, but, if it is in the extension's manual I haven't
found it yet. The server I'm trying to use tt_news with is a fresh
installation. I'm willing to believe the problem is on my end since
this is a stable extension, but, a little help from an expert user
would be nice.

Alina have you found out any more information since your first post?

Cheers,
Eric