[Typo3] Typo Templates For Idiots?

Marlies C mc at mcuniverse.com
Sat Mar 19 00:42:16 CET 2005

"Lefkowitz, Jason" wrote in message

Hey everybody.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

1) Create a layout in XHTML
2) Mark out regions of the XHTML file for Typo to insert content into
3) Load this document into Typo as a template
4) Apply this template to a page in the pagetree successfully (so that
the front-end updates with the new layout).

This can't possibly be as hard as it seems to be.  Is there a document
out there that lays this stuff out in painfully simple terms for people
like me who just don't get it?  I'm not dumb, I understand PHP just fine
and even templating frameworks like Smarty, so I know that if it was
laid out the right way I can get it.  I just can't find anywhere where
it's laid out the right way -- I've searched the docs, combed the
mailinglist archives and watched the video tutorials and they all leave
me more confused than enlightened.  Help!  :)

-- Jason Lefkowitz

Hi Jason,

Check out my tutorial
http://www.mcuniverse.com/T3_Template_Basics.847.0.html where I show how the
html template, the typoscript template and the css work together.

Marlies
www.mcuniverse.com