[Typo3] selectively displaying a second level menu

Peter Klein peter at umloud.dk
Fri Mar 18 11:39:55 CET 2005

"N K" <ntk00 at hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:mailman.1171.1111132436.1576.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hello,
>
> I am have trouble replicating a menu structure of a site that is not mine
> (http://tmpl1501.in.alopix.com/service.html).
>
> Root page
>    |-- Services
>    |-- Order
>    |-- News
>    |-- Contact us
>    |-- Company
>
> If 'Service' item from the top level is selected, then the second level
> menu (and left-hand verticle bar) is displayed.
>
> If 'News' item from the top level is selected, then the second level menu
> (and left-hand verticle bar) is NOT displayed.
>
> The trouble is that the top level menu must always be displayed. So I
> cannot use a separate template for the "News' page since the top level
> menu would not be visible.
>
> Does anyone know how to create this navigation/template combo?
> Is the problem clear?

Hi NK??. First of all, please use your (full) real name on the list, as
described in the Mailinglist rules & guidelines
http://typo3.org/1438.0.html

Take a look at "optionSplit"
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/optionSplit-1/

It allows you to have different wraps for the menu items.

---
Peter Klein / Umloud Untd