[Typo3] Website Very Slow in IE but fast in Firefox

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Thu Mar 17 20:44:32 CET 2005

> Thanks for the reply - but I don't understand how this happens.
>
> I enter 'normal' text in a Typo3 page title and it is rejected as an
> incorrect SGML character. I cannot enter a Unicode number!
>
> Other examples:
> Line 255, column 3249: non SGML character number 146
> Complaining about the letter t
>
> Line 255, column 3280: non SGML character number 146
> Complaining about a space
>
> Line 255, column 2577: non SGML character number 146
> Complaining about the letter F
>
> All of these are entered as page titles - how can they be incorrect
> SGML characters unless Typo3 is producing them?

Nope - in all cases it's not the character that's marked red but the small
rectangle symbol a few characters to the right from the red ones.
For example this one, where the "i" in Bishop's is marked red:

Line 235, column 56898: non SGML character number 146
href="i
                                                                  ^^^
And - yes - they can be incorrect even though TYPO3 is not producing them.
You hardly can see the difference but there is one:

        incorrect                                    correct
        char 146
"curly" apostrophy         !=      "standard" apostrophy

If this is coming from your keyboard by default, you should change the
keyboard layout and/or language settings.

Joey