[Typo3] 'hash' reserved word in mysql-4 breaks typo3

Paul Matthews paul at xedos.net
Thu Mar 17 20:26:54 CET 2005

Hi,

Sorry about this posting for a second night but unfortuntaely due to the
typo3 use of the field hash and mysql 4 not liking it as a reserved word my
installation is broken and I am at a loss as to how to proceed

Basically, I have migrated a typo 3.6.2 site from a mysql-3 d/b to a server
running
mysql-4. I have imported the database requiring only to put backquotes
around the field 'hash' found in a number of tables as it is reserved in
mysql-4. The trouble is the site is failing as sql statements can not use
the word hash

Here is an example of the failing which is revealed when debug is
applied:-

caller =  t3lib_DB::exec_SELECTquery

ERROR You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'hash="6393a28197"' at line 4

lastBuiltQuery =  SELECT *
FROM fe_session_data
WHERE
hash="6393a28197"

I have tried the various install tool steps of Compare tables etc to see
if this is in some way corrected but it seems the problem could be with
the code as mysql does not like use of the word hash in "where hash=...".

I have not found a fix in bugs.typo3.com so any help appreciated