[Typo3] Backend Programming - Forms for editing custom tables

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Thu Mar 17 11:48:52 CET 2005

> I'm new to Typo3 programming and currently reading on and learning
> how to program a custom extension for the Typo3 backend.
> The idea is creating a custom module for a job database where users
> can add,edit and delete jobs.
>
> Now my question since I'm currently estimating the possiblities of
> the Typo3 framework: Is it possible to use typo3 functions in the
> Typo3 api to make custom forms for editing the data items or has that
> all to be done by hand-coding the corresponding PHP functions in the
> script.
>
> My required main uses would be:
>
> 1. Create a list of the data items which are currently in the database
> 2. Display a form for adding and editing a data item.

Ever heard of the Extension Kickstarter?
As long as you stay in the backend, all necessary forms are created
automagically.
For the frontend output you will have to write your own stuff.

Joey

(If you have now clues: simply shut your gob sometimes!)
Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau