[Typo3] deploy a single site

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Thu Mar 17 11:23:02 CET 2005

raluca oprean wrote:

> I have built on my project server several sites on the same database. Now I want to deploy on the production
 > server only one site. I want to deploy on the production server just the database concerning this one site,
> not all of them. How do I extract from database this information?

If you have more than one site in a single Typo3 Installation (More Root-Pages each with a domain record)
then the only possibilty is to export that part of the pagetree which you want to move to your production
server. You will also have to copy over the files from the fileadmin ... but then you will have to move all
files as you can't find out which one are connected to the pagetree you export (If you wait till Typo 3.8.0
the export function also exports the connected files.)

This is the reason why I always make a new Typo3 Installation for every Customer. If you are under UNIX and
have symlinks you won't need to install the complete 30MB Of Typo3 all the time but just the dummy package
for each instance.

Under windows you have no choice except making a full install all the time (win sucks)

greets,
Bernhard
--
Kraft Bernhard