[Typo3] Newsletter extension

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Thu Mar 17 09:53:24 CET 2005

Robert Markula wrote:
> I have found quite a few newsletter extensions, but as far as I know
> they grab the content of the message from a webpage, instead of letting
> you write your own newsletter text.

Not from "a" webpage but rather from a page of your pagetree. So you could
create a page containing all the Content you like, Set the Pagetitle to the
Subject of the mail and send it as newsletter ...

It is not required that those Mails need to be HTML. You can of course just
send plaintext mails.

The only drawback is that you aren't really writing the mail but more a page
which gets converted to a plaintext page via the "alt.plaintext" template.

The Direct-Mailer of Typo3 supports sending a testmail to a single recipient
so you could verify if the genereated plaintext content looks ok.

greets,
Bernhard
--
Kraft Bernhard