[Typo3] FE render error after install modified extension

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Wed Mar 16 14:42:57 CET 2005

Diederik van Veen wrote:

> I wanted to create a new extension based on an existing extension, but
> keep the original one aswell. So I copy pasted the original extension
> folder in typo3conf/ext and modified all its files (names changes inside
> php files and filenames)  accordingly. After install this modified
> extension works fine in BE, but in FE results in a fatal error:
>
> Fatal error: Cannot redeclare deba() (previously declared in
> C:\apache\htdocs\typo3conf\ext\jw_calendar\pi1\class.tx_jwcalendar_pi1_library.php:1474)
> in
> C:\apache\htdocs\typo3conf\ext\jw_callforpapers\pi1\class.tx_callforpapers_pi1_library.php
> on line 1448
>
> while the funny thing is there are no 1448 lines (so how can i retrieve
> the error), but in general anyone has an idea what could be going wrong
> here. What is deba() ??

Hi Diederick,

deba is a function declared in class.tx_jwcalendar_pi1_library.php (see
http://tinyurl.com/5ped2)

   function debA($a){
         foreach($a as $w => $s)
             echo "$w => ".$s.' <br>'; //['uid']
   }

It seems not to be part of a class, so if you copied the file to a new
extension, this function is double declared - this causes the error.

HTH,
Rainer