[Typo3] BE-login - lost password-link

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Wed Mar 16 07:51:23 CET 2005

Martin Rud wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I can´t seem to find an extension/setting that makes it possible to have a "Send me a mail with my password/create new and send"-link on the login screen for the BE.
>
> Is it possible, or will I have to code it myself?

There is an extension called cwt_resetbepassword by Sebastian Krebs.

However, there is an interesting user-comment to this extension which reads:
"Currently the extension displays a message like "Sorry, user not found
or not allowed to change password". I feel this reveals too much
information about whether or not a user is known. A message such as "If
the username or e-mail address was known then a new password has been
sent right now. Please check your e-mail".
I also wonder if the new password should indeed be active right away;
maybe somehow both the newly generated one and the original password
could work to ensure people cannot play jokes on other people's password
(even when the user does see the e-mail prior to trying to login, it can
be very annoying if someone else keeps resetting it), or some other
mechanism like clickable links in the e-mail, or special codes to really
reset the password after the e-mail was received can be used."

Regards,
Ro