[Typo3] Writing a Backend Module based on a Frontend Plugin

John Nicholas typo3user at mobosplash.com
Tue Mar 15 17:03:50 CET 2005

I have a plugin that works well following the model in the kickstarter
example. The approach in the kickstarter gives me a form that lets me
create multiple objects and display them in a list. What I would like to
do is make this information tied to a particular page and only allow one
copy of the data per page. So following the kickstarter example what I
would like to do is have a link at the Web Module level (after List
perhaps) that gives me the cd information form for each page. Imagine a
site where I am going to have a page for each CD and I want the
information connected to each page rather than a list of all the cds on
one page.

I used the kickstarter to create a module plugin and it shows up in the
Web Module after Page and List and brings up the dummy page when I click
on it but the rest of this seems very different that the frontend plugin
code that I am used to. I can see how I would code my own php there but
I would like the form to act and look like the other forms in the typo3
backend.

Any advice or links would be appreciated.

John