[Typo3] GIFBUILDER quality issue (jpg with rendered text on it)

Carlos Chiari ccho at dimension-e.net
Mon Mar 14 18:56:56 CET 2005

Hi Rafael:

Assuming you have GD > 2.0 and PHP compiled accordingly, you still need to
extend your typo3 installation, as typo3 don't use the imagecreatetruecolor
function but just imagecreate.

The easiest way to do it, in my opinion, without messing the core code, is
to extend the tslib_cObj class and modify its getImgResource function, using
the

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["FE"]["XCLASS"]["tslib/class.tslib_content.php"] =
PATH_typo3conf."class.ux_tslib_content.php";

method, allowing it to handle your own image rendering code.

Right now, this function has a SWITCH construct that allows default and
GIFBUILDER. Put a third option to handle your own option, where you can then
include your own php image rendering code with true colors handling.

This is the method I chose until the core code is upgraded to handle true
colors.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Carlos