[Typo3] HMENU.special = language; &L=0&L=1 - Why ?

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Mon Mar 14 12:33:34 CET 2005

Stefan Geith wrote:
[...]
> The patches there do NOT work:
> - the first patch simply removes any '&L=current_language'
>    in ALL Menu-Entries ...
> - the second patch doesn't change anything ...

I did not try them because I use either the language menu I made for tt_news
or the extension sr_language_menu.

but the real problem with the standard language menu is not the double L
parameter -> for me the main problem was, that this menu does not traverse
any other GET vars than id and L.
If you want to switch languages on a page that depends on some extension
GETvars (f.e. the tt_news single view) you'll need a language menu that
takes care of these vars and afaik only sr_language_menu and the language
menu example script that comes with tt_news are able to do this.

greets
rupi