[Typo3] Image rotation with imagemagick

Jan Wulff messages at janwulff.de
Mon Mar 14 11:18:28 CET 2005

Hi Bernhard,
> This is the code which gets used to transform TS like
> xxx.xx = rotate=123
> into "-rotate 123" :...
> so I don't think that there can be anything broken ... pherhaps you tried to give a float
> value and it got converted to an integer ...
Thanks. Obviously you're right, if Typo3 converts the EFFECT command into
the same statement, the error must be elsewhere. By the way, I didn't used
floats with it.
So I made some tests again and to all appearances I've been tricked by a
cache overlap. I'd changed the imagemagick installation several times while
doing the orignals tests and must have mistaken the commands as the error
source, due to some cached images.

In fact it looks like imagemagick 4.2.9 has a problem with rotating images.
As soon as I change to 5.5.7 and manually delete all typo3temp images, I
get fine results. I really would like to stay with 4.2.9, but even after
trying some different configuration settings, I can't get an acceptable
quality with it.

Regards
Jan