[Typo3] rtehtmlarea doesn't load

David Wallace d.p.wallace at massey.ac.nz
Mon Mar 14 04:04:19 CET 2005

Hi Joseph

I have just upgraded to version 0.4.55 of rtehtmlarea without any change in behaviour for IE. This error has been outlined as being corrected since version 0.4.35 according to the bug tracker (http://bugs.typo3.org) numbers 697 and 773 for tx_rtehtmlarea.
I have also been looking at disabling mod_gzip on my server per the tutorial in the rtehtmlarea manual. I am running Apache 2.0.48 with PHP 4.3.4 under Windows, but none of the commands seem to work for Apache as outlined in the tutorial. The commands just lock Apache when I try a restart.

Firefox does allow the RTE to be displayed for editing, but most plugins outside of Typo3 result in a popup window showing text from my website without formatting. Really odd considering I was expecting to see options to create a table etc!!

I really want to see this RTE running for my pages as it looks very promising and I wont need to tie my users to IE.

- David Wallace (dpwallac)