[Typo3] access -> mysql

Hervé Inisan typo3 at self-access.com
Wed Mar 9 11:57:39 CET 2005

> I need to convert a Access DB to mysql so I can import some
> data into Typo3's db.
> I found some 'shareware' programs who do this task for me (all demo
> versions)
> Does anyone know a free program that will convert Access to mysql?

If you need only the Access data, you can (on Win platform) :
1. Install the MyODBC driver (available on mysql.com).
2. Add an ODBC DSN pointing to your MySQL server.
3. Just do File/Export/ODBC in Access and select your ODBC DSN.
(table structures and data will be send to MySQL)
4. Point the MySQL structures (add any primary key if necessary).

Voilà!
-- Hervé Inisan.