[Typo3] Security privileges

Florian Schaeffer florian.schaeffer at mercoline.de
Wed Mar 9 10:45:37 CET 2005

Hello Robert,

> - Level 0 is the highest level. There is only one person with level 0
> clearance and this person has unlimited access.
> - Level 1 includes all admins. They have unlimited access like level 0.
> The only thing that is different is, that they can't change the
> clearance or password of level 0 nor can they assign others or
> themselves level 0 clearance.
> - Level 2 to level 5 gives only restricted access.
>
> How can I incorporate such a system in Typo3?

In fact something similar existis in TYPO3 if you're taking the install
account into the "Admin user group".

So you have your Level 0 user (somone who knows the install tool
password). This user has not unlimited access _BUT_ he is able to make
himself a admin user anytime he wants.

All other admins have unlimited access, but are not able to change the
install user password.

So that's nearly what you want ?!

HTH
Florian