[Typo3] Picking up old pages and redirects from an old site (.htaccess)

Mark Gillingham markgill at uwalumni.com
Tue Mar 8 14:25:57 CET 2005

I'm nearly where I need to be. Here is the scheme.

At the root level /

Redirections to subdirectories that are not part of T3 (yet).
Redirection to the /typ subdirectory where T3 lives.

At the T3 level /typ

Standard T3 redirections.
Special shortcuts within T3.

----

I'm still confused about whether I need to include a "RewriteBase" at
the root or T3 directory. It appears to make no difference.

I've reread the Apache documentation and O'Reilly "Apache: The
definitive guide," but need more tutoring. Have you a good online
document to suggest (in English)? I'm especially confused about when and
how to use RewriteRule flags (e.g., R, L).

Mark