[Typo3] PRB: how to make a link in a template?? -always gets translated to fileadmin/template.. ??

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 16:44:33 CET 2005

Hi,

--- Reinhard Sacher <reinhard.sacher at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have configured a template - which works - except for the links back to
> the homepage of my web (index.php) -
> this link should always be present - therefor in the template!
> the link is part of the template in the left-top corner (the logo of my
> site).
> BUT: It always points to
> "www.myserver.com/MySite/FILEADMIN/TEMPLATE/index.php" - so it points to
> the folder where my template resides!!!
>
> how do I define the link in the template, so it gets
> "www.myserver.com/MySite/index.php" ??

Well, typo3 does a lot of link manipulation (especially if, for example,
you're using 'simulate static documents'), so it can be good to build
template links using typoscript. I don't know which templating method
you're using, but you could create a MARK (if using TS templates) or a 'TS
Object path' (if using Templavoila) and assign something like the following
TS to it:

lib.homeLink = TEXT
lib.homeLink.value = Return to home page
lib.homeLink.typolink.parameters = 12 # where '12' is the id of the page in
question...
lib.homeLink.typolink.ATagParams = title="Back to home page..."

-Christopher