[Typo3] TYPO3 on Windows - how is it working?

Jesper Scheuer Nielsen jesper.scheuer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 15:29:07 CET 2005

Hi Michael,

Very relavent question since a lot of people a trying to run Typo3 on
Windows when they first start using Typo3 (according to the mailinglists)

Why I've used a windowsserver for Typo3:
I worked at a place where we had just rented a dedicated server running
Windows 2000 Server when I discovered Typo3. First I tried to run Typo3 on
the IIS, but since I had a lot of problems with that, I decieded to try
Apace insted. After I got over the problems getting to know Apache and the
installation and configuration of php and mysql, it worked fine. I don't
work at the place any more, but I know they are still using the setup with
no problems at all.

One of the main reasons not to switch to unix or linux on the server were,
that none of us had knowledge in that area. But since everyone knew windows
quite well, we could administer the server remote with no problems when
using Windows.

Since then I've tried to convince my customers to go with a dedicated Typo3
hosting solution with a shared source because it requires less, but I would
agree with Erik Svendsen that if they are going to do the hosting themselfs
and know windows well, the Windows/Apache solution can work as well.

Best regards,

Jesper

news:mailman.1.1110188744.28237.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...