[Typo3] How to make "Front End User Registration" ext send mail via my ISP's SMTP server which requires authentication?

Tracy Li angleph8 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 06:58:24 CET 2005

Dear all,

Have just installed the "Front End User Registration" ext. Our mail service is hosted by our ISP and therefore, I've modified the following lines in "C:\apache\php\php.ini":

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = <SMTP server IP address of our ISP>

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = <My email address provided by our ISP>

Our ISP's SMTP server requires both user name and password for authentication purpose. I can't figure out how I could set the password info. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Tracy