[Typo3] frames and templavoila

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Mar 5 16:21:53 CET 2005

> I think this comes down to personal taste... Yes - I agree you can
> workaround most of the problems that framesets cause but why bother
> when there are so many more elegant ways to achieve the same results?
> And there is still the SEO problem...

Why bother? - Well, if the results you can achieve with those "more elegant
ways" are the same regarding visible layout - but
a) not the same regarding invisible structure
b) not the same regarding loading behaviour
c) very time consuming to produce regarding visible output on different
browsers
there might be some reasons to do it "old school" and less elegant but
working ...

or to quote Jeffrey Zeldman, who says at
http://www.zeldman.com/dwws/pdfs/0735712018C_08.pdf
<quote>
In our view, people who insist on absolute purity in today's browser and
standards environment do as much harm to the mainstream adoption of web
standards as those who have never heard of or are downright hostile toward
structural markup and CSS.
</quote>

BTW: The linked PDF file is describing a working _and accessible_ solution
to layout a site using - guess what - TABLE tags
(and IMHO the way it is done really is something that can be called "more
elegant")

Joey