[Typo3] Portfolio???

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Mar 5 15:42:27 CET 2005

>> I am working on my first typo3 project. A website for our studio.
>> I've implemented all the pages of our site with templa volia. (it's
>> not  published yet)
>> While working on the projects area of the site I've noticed that I
>> will be re- entering the information twice or maybe more times to
>> display similar content on different pages.
>> The sheet that will have more fields would be:
>>
>>    * Name of the project
>>    * Client     * Year
>>    * Area (product, graphic, website)
>>    * Photo     * Description
>>    * Award
>>

>> I would like to enter the data once and to retrieve it in different
>> kind of pages.
>> One with a list with some fields p.e.: name, client, year.  Others
>> (some of them) as case studies with all the fields and a special
>> template.
>
> Well maybe I am missing something and Typo 3 is not the tool for this

The only thing you might be missing is some patience :-)

Have a look at the content element "insert Records" to display one record
more than once.
Have a look at typo3.org and especially the "extensions" section and try to
find out if there is already something that fits your needs.
Maybe this is something for your first extension?

Many possibilities.
And believe me, there are only few things where TYPO3 can't be the tool for.

;-)

Joey