[Typo3] semi transparent GMENU

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Wed Mar 2 22:36:11 CET 2005

Am Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:21:38 +0100 schrieb Rob De Vries:

> My advice,
>
> don't use transparent PNG's for your menus
> It could work in all "standard" browsers who recognise trans. PNG's, but
> it is IE who will give you many, many nightmares.
I know ;-)

> Another solution could be to make a different menu where you use jpg's
> only for IE.
> This way IE get's the ugly version, but without any hassle, all other
> browsers uses the png version.
at the moment I use EXT:tpg_iepngfix which works realy great!!

> I'm telling you this out of experiance. I tryed to build a gmenu with
> PNG's myself and wanted to make it work for IE. I finaly gave up and
> made a JPG version for IE
the way I solved it for now is to create a gif menu which has the same
backgound color as the underlying picture. there is text on the menu (oh
realy? ;-) which has a shadow.
I set
transparentBackground = 1
so that it fits well onto the background. The problem is that the
underlaying image is mostly yellow, so if I change it to some red image the
text will have a yellow outline resulting from the shadow.

So if I could have a semi transparent shadow I wouldn't have to change
anything...

> take a look at http://www.rob-ot.be/
> view it in for ex. firefox first, then in IE
> you will notice the difference between the two browsers.
that's awesome! How did you generate the transparent menu, could you please
give a bit of example code?

greetings
Ingo