[Typo3] semi transparent GMENU

Rob De Vries spam_this at pandora.be
Wed Mar 2 15:21:38 CET 2005

My advice,

don't use transparent PNG's for your menus
It could work in all "standard" browsers who recognise trans. PNG's, but
it is IE who will give you many, many nightmares.

Another solution could be to make a different menu where you use jpg's
only for IE.
This way IE get's the ugly version, but without any hassle, all other
browsers uses the png version.

I'm telling you this out of experiance. I tryed to build a gmenu with
PNG's myself and wanted to make it work for IE. I finaly gave up and
made a JPG version for IE

take a look at http://www.rob-ot.be/
view it in for ex. firefox first, then in IE
you will notice the difference between the two browsers.

just my 0.02€

rob