[Typo3] manipulating images

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Wed Mar 2 10:58:44 CET 2005

Parul wrote:

> Do we have anything in TYPO3 that can manage image. By managing i mean a photo editor.

If you think about a Photo-Editor in the BE: No there's nothing currently available except
some extensions which are able to crop an image.

Typo3 has Image-manipulation capabilities supplied by ImageMagick. This are some basic operations
like resize, etc. and special operations like solarize, color-invert, charcoal, etc.

I'm currently working on an extension which replaces the image processing done by Image Magick with
image processing done by Gimp. This will allow a Administrator to create images and choose from a
richer amount of effects as the gimp supports many of them.

greets,
Bernhard
--
Kraft Bernhard