[Typo3] own extension only works correctly with admin user

Alexander Bierbrauer abierbrauer at gmx.org
Tue Mar 1 23:24:27 CET 2005

Hey there!

I coded my own extensions during the last days and tried it all the time
with the admin user. There's no user code in my extension but when I
want to see the page with the extension as a normal user only
"front-page" of my extension shows up. I'm using a GET variable to
determine which part of my extension should show up:

function main($content,$conf) {

$this->conf=$conf; // Setting the TypoScript passed to this function in
$this->pi_setPiVarDefaults();
$this->pi_loadLL(); // Loading the LOCAL_LANG values

$mid = t3lib_div::_GP('mid');
if(isset($mid) && $mid != 0)
{
	return $this->showMovie($mid);
}
else
{
	return $this->listMovies();
}

return;

}

listMovies() get's called (which creates a link list with 'mid' IDs).
But when I click on a link just the listMovies() site appears again...

It seems that the GET-variable 'mid' gets thrown away. I checked the
access-section of my page with the extension. The page belongs to admin
and to no group. But I granted access to everyone with all privileges..
so it should work.. right ??

I created the framework with the kickstarter and edited it then on my own.

It works when I'm logged in as admin and browse the site with another
browser window.

Any adivces please !?

Regards,
  Alexander Bierbrauer