[Typo3] RTE not able to tag for CSS???

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Mar 1 09:29:37 CET 2005

> ... obviously you desided to cut the technical part of my question.

Yes, but I left the parts that I wanted to answer ...

>> since there are content elements for those objects. But even if you
>> want to work with those DIVs, it can still be easily achieved by
>> using techniques that are described here:
>> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/
> Sounds like you understand this matter and could have answered my
> question. Thanks for the link. Tomorrow I will take a look at those
> 179 pages.

I could not answer your question, since we never abused it to put more tags
into the code.
It's just vice versa - we always tried to filter out as much as possible to
prevent people form pasting their winword docs into it.
So I am definitely not able to tell you how to leave your DIV-tags
untouched.
IMHO the problem with Winword and the RTE is almost the same: People are
using both of them for things they were not intended for - Design and
Layout.

>> 3. TYPO3 has never been and never claimed to be a WYSIWYG-Editor.
>> It's a Content Management Framework, which is something completely
>> different. The main goal is to handle content in a comfortable way
>> and as far as possible completely separated from styles, formatting
>> and other layout stuff. The more tags you are using inside the
>> content, the more you drift away from this goal and the harder it
>> gets to make the same content available for different media.
> But who asked for a WYSIWYG-Editor?

Hey, it's been you who compared TYPO3 with Frontpage, didn't you?
But your are right: Frontpage is far away from being a WYSIWYG-Editor ;-)

Joey