[Typo3] Problem accessing BE using IE

Sandy Matheson lists at mathesonuk.com
Thu Jun 30 13:43:23 CEST 2005

I am having problems accessing the BE of one of my sites using
Internet Explorer. This started a week or so ago and is proving very
annoying.

The site is using 3.7.0 and no significant changes were being made to
the site when the problem happened. I can access the site in Firefox
with no problems, but the RTE won't work in Firefox and I haven't got
round to looking at the alternatives yet.

I can log in OK, but when I choose any of the options in the left
column I get an Internet Explorer error in the right hand side of the
page saying "The page cannot be displayed"

I am using IE6 on a PC running XP SP2.

I have tried using previous versions of IE (which I still have on my
PC for testing purposes) and they give the same problem.

I don't think the issue is with my computer setup or connection as I
have another site running 3.7.0 and there are no problems accessing
the BE of that site at all.

Any ideas or solutions gratefully received.

Sandy Matheson