[Typo3] performance of typo3?

Timo Rehmann typo3 at pixelrund.de
Wed Jun 29 13:38:52 CEST 2005

hi folks,

we want to try to setup up to 50 domains in one typo3-installation and
in average we expect 7500-15000 hits per day (for all domains). each
domain has to handle 100 - 500 pages, so we are speaking about 5000 to
25000 pages in this installation.

my question now: is one typo3-installation able to handle this traffic
and the amount of pages? or do we must take care for server-overload?
if, which strategy we should follow, to avoid system-crashs and/or
timeouts? where would be the limit of typo3 concerning the named statistics?

does anybody has experience with a similiar scenario? or can anybody
imagine, wether typo3 could handle this tasks?

any help, hints and ressources are much appreciated... ;)

thanks a lot and best regards,
timo rehmann