[Typo3] Softwarepatents and Typo3???

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 23:44:38 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 28/06/05, "Stig N. Færch" <stig at 8620.dk> wrote:
> >> Will there be any consequences for Typo3 if the software patent
> >> directive will adopted?
> >>
> >> If yes, - what will the consequences be for the users and developers
> >> of Typo3?
> >

> > Storing records in a database - PATENTED
> > Seperating Data and Layout - PATENTED
> > Frameset - PATENTED
> > Login on a website - PATENTED
> > TreeView to display hierarchic data - PATENTED
> >
> > I can continue if you like ...
> >

> Yes, all those are patended. But will there be any consequences of this
> for Typo3?

I may be mistaken, but I think the point is that they are _not_
patented at the moment, or that even if they are patented, the patents
cannot currently be enforced in Europe [sorry, I'm only semi-informed
myself...]

I would imagine getting sued by some giant like IBM for infringing say
the 'TreeView' patent would be pretty serious for Typo3 (no page tree,
no ts object browser...)

-Christopher