[Typo3] Typo 3.8 and newloginbox

Matt Valenti mv at mattvalenti.com
Tue Jun 28 07:58:57 CEST 2005

I just upgrade my Typo 3.7 site to 3.8.  Everything seems to work fine
except I can't login as a FE User using newloginbox (latest version 2.2.9).
I can click on 'Forgot Password' and get an email back with the correct
login details so some of it works.

I even dug through class.tx_newloginbox_pi1.php and tracked the issue down
to the following if statement always failing:
if ($GLOBALS['TSFE']->loginUser)
But I can't find the actual code that validates the user and sets this
variable.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or could point me in the
right direction.

Thanks
Matt