[Typo3] Forcing links to open in same window

Jason Lefkowitz jlefkowitz at oceana.org
Mon Jun 27 23:47:30 CEST 2005

Hey everybody --

Here is a question that has been asked a million times, but I can't find an answer anywhere that works for me:

how do you force typo to stop opening links in new windows by default?

Most of the advice I've seen in the FAQs and on the list centers around setting the following constants:

PAGE_TARGET =
content.pageFrameObj =

This supposedly clears out the "page" default value that is set for both of these, which is what is causing the new windows.

But here's the thing -- I have gone through and added these constants to all my TS templates.  I check in the Typoscript Object Browser and confirm that the values are empty (i.e. they're not inheriting "page" or something else from another template).

But the links still keep opening in new windows!!  Agh!

This is driving me crazy.  There must be a reliable way to turn this behavior off.  Help!

- Jason Lefkowitz (jlefkowitz)