[Typo3] insert page content in templates?

Anders Carlén anders at carlens.se
Mon Jun 27 17:31:58 CEST 2005

Hi,

Peter Russ wrote:
>> subparts.login_section=TEXT
>> subparts.login_section.value=
>> [loginUser=*]
>>    subparts.login_section < plugin.tx_newlogibox_pi1
>> [end]

> But this example makes no sence as it would give you the loginbox only
> if the user is logged in ;-)

I know what you mean ...

I did it on purpose, but maybe there is a better (simpler) way to get
the same thing:

1. I want to have a loginbox on the start page that only shows up if you
are not logged in (I think I can do that now.)
2. But then I want to have the logged in-information; (i.e: You are
logged in as: USERNAME) in the template-part, so that it shows up at the
top of all the sites pages. And when you log out, there should not be a
log in box at the top where the userinformation was displayed.

I hope you can at least understand what I am going for, if not: let me
know and I´ll make some drawings to make it easier to see... (again: I
am not really a programmer, can you tell ;) )

Question: Is there a better (simpler) way to do this?

/anders