[Typo3] performance, cache-control headers and published static pages

Michael Häusler michael at akatose.de
Sun Jun 26 15:47:08 CEST 2005

Hi there,

> Everytime Typo3 recognizes that a requested page could be cached, it
> publishes this page as a static html file. It could prepend this file
> with a small php header, which checks if the current server time is
> beyond the expiration limit of this page. If so, this would trigger
> republishing of the page.

I have implemented a very, very basic version of this as an extension:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/mda_autopublish/

It still has plenty of problems.
Some of them could be easily solved, if I would find a better way to
invalidate/republish an expired page. Currently I'm redirecting the
browser to the same URI and deleting the file.
I want to call Typo3 directly and have it overwrite the file. But I have
still to figure out the best way to do this.

Best regards,
Michael