[Typo3] Trouble uploading files

Rudy Gnodde gnodde.rudy at wag.nl
Fri Jun 24 10:24:58 CEST 2005

Hello,

There are several things you have to think about when uploading large
files using PHP:

1. upload_max_filesize in php.ini
2. post_max_size in php.ini
3. memory_limit in php.ini (larger files take up more memory)
4. max_execution_time in php.ini (larger files take longer to process)
5. max_input_time in php.ini (again, larger files take longer to
process)
6. directory permissions (but since you can upload smaller files this
isn't the problem).

I've never had any problems with 4 or 5 in typo3, so you should look at
the first 3. By default they're set to 2M (1), 2M (2) and 8M (3) if I
remember correctly. Which would explain why the problem happens when
uploading files larger that 2Mb.

Groeten,

Rudy Gnodde
Wijngaarden AutomatiseringsGroep & WIND Internet
Email: rgn at wag.nl
WWW: http://www.wag.nl >-+-< http://www.typo3demo.nl