[Typo3] just a word of praise!

McCluskey, Chris (ISD) Chris.McCluskey at isd.csa.scot.nhs.uk
Wed Jun 22 16:30:48 CEST 2005

Easy tiger... my point is (and I do apologise for my posts - just a bit of
mischief) I think Typo3 to an extent reinvents the wheel and as such can be
pointless. If I'm going to take time to learn something I want it to be
scalable and I don't want it  to limit me to one product open source or
otherwise - from that point of view I think Typo3 has gone down a Microsoft
style route, rather than following standards that will allow different
product to interact with each other in a manageable way.

It's also not the best system from a usability point of view. I think a
complete overhaul would be the best and the involvement of people with an
understanding of HCI from ground level would be invaluable.

The system makes too many assumptions and you have to spend months undoing
defaults. If Typo3 was a good framework it would be cleaner, allowing you to
build from a neutral base.

I do have other constructive criticisms I could make but I reckon I given
you all enough to be getting on with... by the way that was just another
little bit of mischief ;o)

adiós
Chris