[Typo3] just a word of praise!

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:27:02 CEST 2005

well, I wish I could tell you. When I first started playing with it I was
amazed and frustrated. But I read MTB 1,2,3 and TS by example and others
just to get a general knowledge of stuff. I didn't know HTML and CSS very
well, so I never really made my own template but played around with it and
I think I got some stuff working, just in an ugly template, in a few weeks
maybe. I was never planning on using it in the near future cos of hosting
limitations, so I didn't do anything in a while, until I saw the minute
website video Kasper made, and that got me hooked again. I downloaded it
and played with it locally and got a website pretty fast with TV, nothing
too fancy, but it went pretty fast! The hardest part was getting the CSS
of the template right, getting TYPO3 to spit out some content was easy.
And then I have been working on a website lately, with stuff I have never
done before, but within just a few days I got it to work.
www.koehler.uni.cc for a demo. A few new things for me  were a different
template for different pages, but that ended up pretty easily, and a GMENU
(only had played with text before).
All the problems I ran into were quickly solved by looking at TS by
example (for the menu), TSRef(general TS stuff), and FTB and this list for
the different TV template :)
So ya, it was pretty tough at first, but now with TV it's very very very
simple to make a basic website pretty quickly, from a TYPO3 standpoint;
like I said, it was harder for me to get the CSS worked out and
cross-browser compatible.

And a note about compliant code, my site almost validates XHTML 1.0
transitional, just got to figure out how to make htmlarea do <br /> tags
instead of <br>, so all the errors are my fault, no TYPO3's.