[Typo3] Encryption key revealed in indexed search results

Steven Bagshaw steven.bagshaw at unv.org
Wed Jun 22 15:10:07 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I've recently upgraded to Typo3 3.8 and have just implemented indexed search
for the first time. Additionally, I started using the cHash mechanism
described at http://typo3.org/development/articles/the-mysteries-of-chash/

However, if a link to one of my pages appears in the indexed search results,
the value of my encryptionKey appears in the URL. Seems bad. For example,

http://mydomain.com/cms/index.php?id=2702&L=0&encryptionKey=myEncryptionKeyValue&myextension[CL]=30&cHash=31ea36ca14

Is this a bug or am I missing something? I haven't been able to find any
other references to this issue.

Interestingly, in the section of the results called path, the URL comes out
as http://mydomain.com/cms/index.php?id=2702&L=0, so it's completely
ignoring my extension's variables in this link.

Thanks for any advice,

Steven Bagshaw