[Typo3] Static Content, Deployment, Seperation between FE and BE

wholzhammer w.holzhammer at tirol.gv.at
Wed Jun 22 09:17:29 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm quite new to typo3 but already got a litte cm-experience.-
In ecms-systems often the backend (administration, maintenance) is sperated from the frontend (lifesystem, webpage) to avoid single point of failure or demand, etc. - backend and frontend are connected by a deployment mechanism...

So is there any possibility to seperate the FE from the BE physically in typo3 - that means running FE an BE on two different machines?
The frontend should be able to run without any database-connection - so I would have to generate real static content in typo3 backend and deploy it to frontend.

I know that there would be some disadvantages (frontend-user-management, time-triggerd-page publishing, etc.) and the db is essetnial for the frontend - I just want to know if this scenario was considered.

thanks,
wolfgang