[Typo3] filesystem permissions on public web server.

SSRahman monkey_davis at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 05:21:17 CEST 2005

Hi list

I am facing problems setting  the filesystem permissions on my web server.

I have successfully installed the quickstart package of typo3 (3.8.0) on the space provided by the web-hosting provider, but i managed to do that only after setting the permissions to 777 otherwise the install tool told me that the required directories and files (uploads, typo3/ext, typo3temp etc.) were not writable.

The 775 setting mentioned in section "3.10.3" of  "Inside Typo3" is not working in my case.

I can upload only through ftp and don't have any shell account. Hope someone knows.

Thanks.

- SSRahman (purpleturple)