[Typo3] Unicode conversion question

SSRahman monkey_davis at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 05:14:39 CEST 2005

Hi Jörg

I think I have had a similar experience, I was using the RTE to enter the text in unicode but the MySQL charset wasn't utf-8. So, when I saved my content Typo3 displayed all gibberish. What I did was to force the charset to utf-8. By setting the variable

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = 'utf-8';

in localconf.php (you can do it from the install tool -> all configuration -> BE -> [forceCharset]). The text then might make some sense.

Maybe this would help, good luck

- SSRahman (purpleturple)