[Typo3] Mail templates incorrect encoding

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Tue Jun 21 21:45:53 CEST 2005

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Robert Markula wrote:
>
>> What can I do?
>> (I'm using Typo3 3.8 with forceCharset enabled.)
>

> Convert the template to the used charset (if utf-8).
> If you use different charsets depending on the language you're simply lost
> actually.

Hm, converting the template everytime after it is changed seems too
error-prone to me, if it is not done automatically.
There is one remaining possibility: Using unicode entities for these
characters in the template (similiar to substituting characters with
html entities - like ä for the german ä).

Here is a short summary of german umlauts (Hope they are displayed
correctly in your news-reader; otherwise please use the link below):
Ä = Ä
ä = ä
Ö = Ö
ö = ö
Ü = Ãœ
ü = ü
ß = ß

More can be found here: http://czyborra.com/utf/. Copy the respective
characters in the column "UTF-8" in your template.

Regards,
Ro