[Typo3] Unicode conversion question

Jörg Schaller jorgo at jorgo.org
Mon Jun 20 21:07:06 CEST 2005

Due to reasons unknown to me, there has been a conversion of my
database during a backup my provider did.

The MySQL database was saved with charset Latin1 and collation
Latin_ci_swedish and the text inside the tables was utf-8. I have
English, Spanish and Japanese text.

After the transformation, I get for example this combination of
letters:

’   which I suppose was a ` before like in "father`s day" (I know it
should have been ' instead).

Can someone please tell me what kind of conversion/compression this is
and if there is an editor to revert these changes?

Thank you!