[Typo3] UTF-8 in Mails

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Mon Jun 20 17:50:13 CEST 2005

I'm curious; in my TS I enabled UTF-8, but Mails don't get send with the
right header - actually the header responsible for setting the right
charset and encoding doesn't get sent at all.
With this TS setup

# Setting the encoding for outgoing e-mails
   config.notification_email_encoding = base64
   config.notification_email_charset = UTF-8

the header should look like this:

but these two lines are missing in the header of sent mails.
As a result, all mails are displayed as ISO-8859-1, which messes up all
german umlauts, because the message body *is* encoded in UTF-8. It just
isn't present in the header.

This affects all extensions that use htmlmail class
(class.t3lib_htmlmail.php).
I'm using Typo3 3.8. ForceCharset is set to UTF-8.

Any advice?

Ro