[Typo3] Getting piVars from a different plugin

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Mon Jun 20 15:08:11 CEST 2005

Steven Bagshaw wrote:

> $clValue = $HTTP_GET_VARS["CL"];

1. WHEN(!) you directly retrieve POST/GET values always do that by:

$clValue = t3lib_div::_GP('CL');

 > ["CL"];

2. Use single quotes ' instead of double quotes " ... they are faster.

> Is there a way for me to get this value, regardless of which plugin
> variables it's stored in? Or do I need to write my own function to look
> through the HTTP GET variables to find it myself?

I once needed that for a plugin of mine where also comunicated differnt _piN
plugins communicated with each other (altough always in one direction).

When I coded it I simply changed the "$this->prefixId" from "tx_myext_piN"
to "tx_myext" in each extension .... after that they share the piVars ...

but don't know if this affects other things and how caching is affected ...
give it a try and report back if it works as expected ...

greets,
Bernhard
--
Kraft Bernhard